Software Developer – Entry Level
Full Job Description:
ARCS Aviation is a software development company located in Cookeville, Tennessee. We frequently work in small teams and remotely to solve problems, explore new technologies, conduct research & development (R&D), and learn from each other. We are currently working on several projects for the United States Airforce. For these projects, we have designed applications for the Microsoft HoloLens and utilized other exciting technologies to help reduce aircraft maintenance downtime and advance the Air Force’s operations and sustainment to increase overall mission readiness.
- Assist and help Mid-level & Senior Developers in developing AR/VR/XR/AI/ML applications
- Assist with the management of the software development team to ensure open and consistent communication about updates, setbacks, and progress
- Collaborate with senior developers during coding, programming, and other software development related activities
- Assist in tracking progress throughout project lifecycle utilizing appropriate tools such as CMMI, Azure DevOps, and other similar tools
- Document and test software applications
- Evaluate current products and discover ways to enhance functionality, ease-of-use, and longevity
- Meet with business management and development teams to discuss product ideas, progress, setbacks, etc.
- Collaborate with the development team, management team, and subject matter experts to ensure product feasibility
- Research competitor offerings
- Review and edit user and technical manuals created by ARCS Aviation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in software development with the C# language
- Experience with 3D software development or related field
- 1 year of experience in the Unity engine
- 1 year of experience in testing software
- 1 year of experience with GitHub, Plastic SCM or equivalent SCM
- Excellent problem solving and mathematics skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams and independently
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
- Have you developed software using C#? If so, how many years of experience do you have?
- Have you worked with Unity engine? If so, how many years of experience do you have?
- Have you created any VR or AR projects? If not, are you interested in creating VR or AR projects?
- Do you understand 3D computer concepts?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Software development: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Remote